Subscription

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Build a Bear

Welcome!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Catching Up on our Featured Artists - Challenges 194 and 195!

Oh, my, has it been almost a month since I posted a note about our wonderful Featured Stampers! A few of us on the Divas Coffee Break Design Team have been a bit out of commission for awhile; but I think we're almost all back on board and things should really be picking up - after another cup of coffee, of course!


On a side note - you may have noticed that our Link has been missing in action on Wednesday mornings. With a shift in duties around the coffee table, the Link managed to get lost in the shuffle. But she's back with us and will be right there on Wednesday mornings with all those great ideas from the Design Team! So start clicking away again with all your OWN fabulous designs!

Now - onto
FEATURED ARTISTS FROM THE LAST MONTH - PART I!

Our Featured Artist for the Color Challenge #194 is

Tracy Raymond!

Tracy's design for this color challenge uses one of my favorite combinations from this year's Stampin' Up! catalog - the Morning Cup stamp set and the Newsprint Designer Series Paper Set. What better combination for any morning than a cup of coffee and the morning paper! But then she added the wonderful Waterfall Technique and I was instantly reminded that I have to go pour water in the pot for tomorrow morning's coffee before I head off to bed! One final touch that resonated with me was the glitter on one of the stamped images inside the waterfall - it reminded me how much more cheerful (glittery?) I am after that first cup of coffee! Perfect accent, Tracy!


Our Featured Artist for the Sketch Challenge #195 is

Kris Sobolik

One of my favorite Stampin' Up! color combinations for 2010 is Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke, paired up with Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla or Sahara Sand. Just so warm for the holiday season. Then Kris added just a nice little touch of bright with the Peace on Earth greeting on some Whisper White. While I probably would have stamped the holly images on with full color without even thinking, Kris just lightly stamped them for the perfect subtle touch (gee, writing "holly" and "lightly" in the same sentence reminds me of Breakfast at Tiffany's - but I digress). I just earned the Peaceful Season Hostess Stamp Set myself, and never even thought of using it with the Deck the Halls colors. Now it's just one more thing that I just HAVE to go try out! Thanks for the fab idea, Kris!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

All Images are made with Stampin' Up! images - those images are Copyright Stampin' Up! 2010