Subscription

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Build a Bear

Welcome!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Featured Artist for Challenge #193!

Good Saturday morning to you all! Today will be a relaxing one for me as I ponder what I'm going to do for next Wednesday's Divas Coffee Break Design Team challenge. No, I'm not even going to start it - I'm just going to think about it, and take a break (well that's what we do here with our coffee "breaks"!)

But no break until I share with you the name of our Featured Artist for the Sketch Challenge #193. Hey, it was a toughie this week! Actually, it always is, as we have just the greatest group of followers from all over the world who participate in our challenge. Thanks to you all!

But now, (drum roll, please!) please congratulate our

Featured Artist for Challenge #193
Patti Corriere!


We were so impressed with Patti's color scheme for this greeting card, as well as with her use of embellishments (and I, personally, consider texture as one of the greatest current embellishment trends!). I love that the top color of the layered daisy die-cut was the same color as the background. It made the darker daisy layer stand out so beautifully, don't you think? The sponged edges of the bird and its wing really make it pop up from the crisp background square formed by the Marina Mist Card Stock with its Whisper White mat. Love how the dimensionals help the bird form a beautiful shadow to draw attention to this element of the card.

Thanks to everyone who joined our challenge this week! You all had great cards, and we're hoping to see you back here again with a future challenge. Meanwhile, be sure to visit Patti's blog for some more of her beautiful creations.

1 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for choosing me as your featured artist. I enjoy card making so much and to have my work recognized makes my efforts so worthwhile.

Blog Archive

Followers

All Images are made with Stampin' Up! images - those images are Copyright Stampin' Up! 2010