Search

Loading...

Subscription

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Build a Bear

Welcome!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Featured Artists for Challenges #187, 188 & 189!

Good morning loyal DCBD followers! I hope your Sunday (or whichever day of the week you're visiting here) is a beautiful, sunny, relaxing day! And since you're here we hope you'll take a few minutes to check out our next three Featured Artists. A very special thanks to these talented ladies for joining in our weekly challenges and congratulations for being voted best entry for the week!

Up first is
Krista Driessen with her card for challenge #187:

Isn't this just the most fabulous use of three of Stampin' Up!'s newest colors - Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush and Early Espresso! The design of the sheet of the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper set reminds me of vintage wallpaper, and the delicate botanical central image brings back memories of the botanical pictures hanging on my grandmother's sitting room wall. Just stunning, don't you think? Be sure to visit her blog and comment on it!


Our #188 challenge Featured Artist is Nancy Lempinen-Leedy who used our challenge colors to make a flock of colorful little birdies:

Let's lead into this a bit: OK, this is just a darned cute card. Look at all those wonderful elements - the stamped "ribbon" strip, the button with the Early Espresso Ribbon "tying" it down, the Newsprint Designer Series Paper brayered with Marina Mist ink. And of course the use of the challenge colors.

But the kicker to this card for me is the inside. This one element of this card made me go order the stamp set. I am SO going to CASE it for my groups! The birds are free!! Woo-hoo!!! You've just gotta love it! Don't forget to go comment on Krista's blog!



Finally for today, let's give a Back-To-School cheer for Erica Cerwin for her entry in our Layout Challenge #189.


What a fabulous Teacher's card! Or maybe it's for the bus driver? Whichever, I can't believe how perfect it is to have those busses climbing the "hill" in one of our layout elements. When I first saw the challenge colors I thought of fall, and I just wasn't ready for fall. But the back-to-school theme still feels like summer for me, and I'll never see a school bus again without thinking of Daffodil Delight! It's hard to decide which element of this card I like the best, but I'm thinking that using the stamp from Extreme Elements to simulate mud might just be it. Be sure to let Erica know what you think about this fantastic card on her blog!

We hope you'll enter our challenges, too! We post a new one every Wednesday morning. This week it's a fun sketch layout that really has me scratching my head to see what I'll come up with. I can hardly wait to see what YOU do, too!

1 comments:

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

congrats to all the winners.. these cards are truly fabulous! Love the attention to detail and the layers!! {hugs} ladies!

Blog Archive

Followers

All Images are made with Stampin' Up! images - those images are Copyright Stampin' Up! 2010